Saturday, February 17, 2007

The End of Jason Tress

Blood was dripping down Jason's arm. The pain from the bullet-wound was unbearable. His shirt was soaked in blood. "How could this have happened?" Jason thought.

"You don't deserve to be here," the other man said. "You've had your chance and you failed miserably. It's my turn now. I would tell you to kiss Alana good-bye, but it's my turn now. You'll never see her again."

"Why...Why did you come back?" Jason said as he tried to get off the floor of his apartment. He was afraid. He didn't want this reminder of what he used to be like near him. "I thought I had gotten rid of you 12 years ago."

"I gave you your space and sat back watching you make mistake after mistake. It's taken you 12 years to find someone and now that you have, I'm taking over. You are not capable of getting anywhere with your life, let alone women. Alana will like me better. I'm just like any other guy, strong and fun, not some emotional sap who realizes too little too late he had a shot, but blew it because he had no balls."

At this point Jason struggled to his feet and walked towards the man in the other room. As he walked, he reached inside his jacket and removed his own gun. They stood there facing each other with guns leveled, both willing to kill the other at the slightest movement.

"I won't let you have her," Jason said through gritted teeth. "I've finally found someone with whom I can be completely open and honest. It doesn't matter whether she likes me or not. Her friendship is all that I need."

"You fool as if you have a choice in this," the man said laughing. It scared Jason. It reminded him of what he used to be like. "The point of a guy's life is not to fall in love or to find friendship, it's to get with as many women as possible. It's about having fun. You failed miserably in those areas, but that's where I come in. I'll do what you couldn't. You aren't capable of making the first move with anyone. You can't ask a girl out, and throughout your entire life, you've only been with one girl. Now, it's time you get out of my way."

There was a sound like thunder.

2 comments:

Lauren S. said...

Yeah I know it's his fate. But do you have to kill him off? That's not very fair.

Lauren S. said...

ok you said you posted your last blog but you haven't!! I'm very confused...